Thursday, October 24, 2013

Life choices

We live in a difficult time. We learn to live, to have a good job or to achieve a professional success. The rat race is well-known in each big company. We live in scud. Can't we just stop for a while to take a breath? We don't have much time for our friends, our family. We don't have time for ourselves!
It's sad but it's true. We have rather virtual relationships because we can stop chatting if the conversation is unpleasant and... it's rather economic - we don't waste time for going to somebody and, of course, we can do something else when we're talking online. Everything seems to be artificial - all these chats, all the faces we see... Everyone wants to be rich. Only few of them can be happy. Why? I think that people often learn to obtain a well-paid job, even if they don't like it. Does it make sense? Going to work that we hate, working long hours under pressure... That's why we're sad. We want the same - wealth. Maybe it's reserved only for the best; for those who like their jobs and they're going there fully motivated and glad. That's the real wealth - happiness.Why somebody who's interested in IT couldn't make a fortune? He should do it - because he's passionate about it and that wealth is reserved for him - he does what he likes.
Unfortunately a lot of my friends are studying subjects completely different to their interests but I think that with a little bit of creativity they could achieve more. ''The darkest hour is always before dawn.''
If I could choose between being satisfied with my job and rather poor than having a well-paid job and being sad - I would choose this first solution. For me the best thing in the world is to do what you like and you really want and have somebody that you may rely on even in the worst situation.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your job gives you both money and satisfaction. Wouldn't it be perfect? But you're right, in most cases you need to choose: it's one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm satisfied with the fact that I can do what I like and earn some money but it's only a benefit to the pocket money from my parents :)

    ReplyDelete